Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16th Letter - Goodbye Charlotte, hello bug bites :|


Hihihi(:

My new home for the next six months (&probably the next six after
that) is Winston-Salem, NC!!(: I love it!  It is very rural.  Not like
Charlotte at all.  It reminds me a bit of Statesville & Danville put
into one.  The people are great!  So sweet, kind and welcoming.  I
love it!!  It's a slower pace but we still are really busy.

A few weeks ago I got the scary "White Envelope" for the missionaries
with only three months left --I came into Zone Meeting and a sister I
came out with asked if I saw it.. It was a very bitter sweet moment to
just see it.. And then to hold it in my hands. I was really nervous to
open it.. Which probably sounds funny.. But I feel I have been trying
so hard to stay out on my mission.. and now my time is coming close to
an end. Which is a very hard thought. But it was also a very sacred
thought.  Inside the envelope is a letter from my mission president
and a pledge.  The "Pledge to Sprint" for my last three months.  I am
grateful to be reminded how important my last three months are and to
finish strong!

It's been weird coming into an area that has already been established
by many other sets of missionaries.  It's even more weird to come into
progressing investigators & one getting baptized next week.  It is all
very new to me.  But I love being able to hit the ground running.  I
know that The Lord wants me here.  I know I still have so much more to
learn.  I'm excited to see what Winston-Salem has in store for me
here(: (so far lots and lots of bug bites!!!) lolol

My new companion is Sister Blackham.  She is from Holiday, Utah.  She
is 31 & does fashion, hair and make up.  She went to school for
medical assisting.  She has been out 7 months.  & 4 months have been
here in Winston.  So she knows the area really well.  We get along
great!  She is so much fun and hilarious!  She has such a strong love
& testimony for the gospel.  I have already learned so much from her.
She is a very hard worker & a really good people person, going up and
talking to anyone & everyone--which I need to learn how to be better
at still {but dad! don't worry! I'm not scared to go up and ask for
refills anymore, I've grown up some (; }

Sarah is the one getting baptized on June 28th.  She is so prepared
and amazing!!!!  Her mom is a convert of three years and that is how
the sister started working with her.  She has the cutest little boy
and the best sweet southern accent.  I want it so bad!!  Lolol. Maybe
this area will help me get one(; I'm really good at saying "y'all &
all y'all" haha but that's about it.  Charlotte didn't help with the
accent-darn! (;

I love all y'all so much!!

Love,
Sister Knell
Xo
Here's one for the road.. Hehehehe :p





No comments:

Post a Comment